12 April 2009

Meet the band, Pt 1

I've decided to do this "meet the band" thing so that you might actually get to know my bands as individual people and not just sex objects. I've come up with a system of questioning that will no doubt give you some amazing insight. You're welcome.

First up is Aaron Blanchard from the band Prize Country.

Aaron is very near and dear to yours truly. Truthfully, I only met Aaron rather recently but we have many mutual friends, so it was inevitable that we'd bro down at some point. Despite my initial misjudgement of his winning personality, he's quickly become one of my favorite people - we have perv-offs to see who can say the most revolting, insulting, offensive things. He is a true competitor.

Anyway, back to band shit...he is the singer and one of two guitar players in the band. He's also recently made his foray into being a booking agent [eh hem....Middle Child Booking]. What he doesn't know is that he'll never be the booking mogul that I am, but I don't want to spoil his fun.

Here's Aaron (a hunk, no?):



And here are his answers to my ridiculously unprofessional questions:

Best show you've ever been to: 1991 - Soundgarden, Monster Magnet, Swervedriver. It was amazing - at the Warfield in San Francisco. I didn't know what I was in for at the time. I went to see Soundgarden and ended up having the best time watching the first two bands. Swervedriver really moved me; won me over and I have been a big fan ever since. Even saw them again last year. I couldn't believe how incredible they could still be.

Big Lebowski or Kingpin: Come on.......Lebowski. Nuff'said.

Best tour story:
The fact that we tour as much as we do is the best tour story I have. I will keep it short like that.

Lotion or lube: Lube, unless we're talking about dry hands.

Describe your ultimate taco:
It would be a batch of nachos with jalepenos, cheese, sour cream, black olives, lettuce, tomato and salsa on a bed of black beans wrapped in a nice hard corn tortilla big enough to harness that power - then of course I would have to wrap that in a soft flour tortilla smattered in refried beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment